keyboard not responding

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Thu Aug 23 02:12:57 UTC 2007

On Wed August 22 2007, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> I have a problem in FC6:
> Every so often, usually while I'm using Firefox (Swiftfox 2.0.0.4 if it
> matters), the keyboard stops responding completely. And not just for
> firefox - it doesn't work anywhere in X (KDE 3.5.6, btw). The only
> solution is to use the mouse (!) to log out, at which point keyboard
> starts working again.
>
> Has anyone experienced anything of this sort?
> Do I need to file a bug? What do I include in the bug? (I didn't notice
> any logs that record an error whenever this happens)

>From what you've reported so far, I'm not sure how useful a bug would be just
yet. I have not experienced what you describe. Some things you might try:

it's a long shot, but worth trying a different keyboard

are you running any extensions in Swiftfox? disable them, restart Swiftfox,
and see if there's any change

are you running any plugins? maybe check for updates for those

try starting Swiftfox from a command line and then watch for messages there
when you freeze

look through your logs and see if you can spot any messages that might apply

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA