Does anyone know how to get boinc running ?? SORRY FOR THE NOISE.

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Aug 23 03:34:34 UTC 2007

Thanks for the suggestions;

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 00:57 -0400, William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Just downloaded and installed boinc.  I keep getting the error message
> "BOINC Manager is not able to connect to a BOINC client.
> Would you like to try to connect again?"
>
> I am flumexed.  It ran without problems under FC6.  I have tried
> everything I can think of to trace back the problem.  Could it be a
> SElinux problem?  There are no SELinux trouble shooter warnings.
>
> I installed it from root into a folder in user but all the permissions
> look right?  Boinc_mgr opens but remains a sleeping process while it
> tries to connect.
>
> I am running F7.  All suggestions warmly received.

The real answer, of course, lay with first realizing that a whole setup
page for Linux (RedHat and Fedora) exists on the Boinc site, and then
following the instructions to get boinc working.

My only excuse is that a friend installed for me, (BOINC is his
project), and he was only used to Windows installations.  Now I have
found the instructions, they all make sense and I am sure I will get
thinks working in the morning.

--
Regards Bill