Virus

alan alan at clueserver.org
Thu Aug 23 21:53:32 UTC 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 08:12 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>> Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>>> ... snip ...

>>> in that case, i'd run that baby.  crossover office.  vmware.  kvm.
>>> the possibilities are endless, karl.  go for it.
>>>
>>> rday
>>>
>>     I followed the thing you click and it's a odd web page that will
>> take your E-Bay name and password if you give it. So more Scam than
>> Virus it appears.
> WELL YOU LIKE TO LIVE DANGEROUSLY. NEVER CLICK ON A VIRUS WEB PAGE. WEB
> BROWSERS CAN COLLECT THE ADDRESSES OF PEOPLE WHO GO TO THE WEB SITE,
> SO YOU ARE ALREADY COMPROMISED.

Please turn off your capslock key.  It makes you look foolish.

Web browsers do not collect anything.  Web _servers_ might.

If any e-mail address was revealed, it was of the guy who posted it.  If
it had tried to infect my system it would have gone into the collection of
other Windows rootkits.  (I can always use more.) Lynx is your friend.

--
Refrigerator Rule #1: If you don't remember when you bought it, Don't eat it.