Re: Mantis package bombs

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 14:10 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> I just installed mantis (mantis-1.0.8-1.fc7.noarch et al.). I turned
> my browser to http://localhost/mantis/ and got:
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /mantis/ on this server.
> Apache/2.2.4 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 80
>
> And similarly for http://localhost/mantis.
>
> So I go look at the configuration file, and it says to read a file
> called README.Fedora. When I finally tracked that down, it said to
> point your browser at https://localhost/mantis/admin/install.php. I
> did so. After some gabble about certificates, I got:
>
> Forbidden
>
> You don't have permission to access /mantis/admin/install.php on this server.
> Apache/2.2.4 (Fedora) Server at localhost Port 443
>
> Now what?

You might want to look at the recent threads I've had with Scott over
Apache and Drupal.  It might be the same kinds of issues (symlinks to
things in /usr/share/program-name, SELinux contexts, Linux permissions,
Apache allow-from/deny rules, etc.).

--
[tim bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386