Re: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632M ATA Device -- problems in install

Matej Cepl wrote:
Hi,

just bought new shiny HP Compaq Notebook 6710s and I am trying to install Fedora 7 on it. System boots from DVD, then I can select full install, Czech localization and that I want to install from Local DVD, but then the installation programs asks me for driver disk.

Driver disk for what? AFAIK you don't need a driver for you CD/DVD, it JustWorks.

Where could I get it, and is it really necessary?

My HP 500 came with a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D wich is very similar with your model. I was able to install Fedora on it but had to crossflash the firmware to get rid of some timeouts.

http://red-web.ro/ics/f7-on-HP500.html#DVD

PS: Be careful. ;)