Mantis package bombs

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Aug 25 19:49:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 11:53:11AM +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 14:10 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> > I just installed mantis (mantis-1.0.8-1.fc7.noarch et al.). I turned

> > Now what?
>
> You might want to look at the recent threads I've had with Scott over
> Apache and Drupal.  It might be the same kinds of issues (symlinks to
> things in /usr/share/program-name, SELinux contexts, Linux permissions,
> Apache allow-from/deny rules, etc.).

No joy. SELinux is not an issue. File permissions all look good: files
are readable by other, direcotries readable and executable by other. I
set the perms to wide open:

Alias /mantis /usr/share/mantis

<Directory /usr/share/mantis>
	# As passwords will be sent over the line do not allow plaintext
	# communication
	SSLRequireSSL

	Options None

	# Do not change this unless the default administrator
	# login was removed; see documentation for details
	Order   Allow,Deny
	Allow   from all

	php_flag "register_globals" "off"
	SetEnv MANTIS_CONFIG /etc/mantis/config_inc.php
</Directory>

And I remembered to restart apache when I did so.

I did not muck with symlinks. Tha alias above should have done it
without. I have a similar alias for local docs:

# Allow access to local system documentation from localhost
Alias /doc/ /usr/share/doc/
<Location /doc>
  order deny,allow
  deny from all
  allow from foo bar localhost .localdomain
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Location>

I tried copying the Options line into the mantis alias; no joy.