automount ext2/ext3 with HAL

Hi,

I've got a USB hard disc here.  It had NTFS on it, but
that seemed to be causing complaints when I tried to
move files over, so I reformatted it as ext3 (and
changed the partition to type 83).  Now I've been
able to copy the files over fine.

However, whereas previously the NTFS partition got
mounted upon connection, the ext3 partition must be
manually mounted.  I could simply add it to fstab, but
what magic would I do to cause the automount to
work properly for an ext3 partition?

--
imalone