Broadcom 4318 wireless again ...

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Sun Aug 26 17:25:03 UTC 2007

Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

> Ian, did you ever try new Fedora kernel with the old driver, as I do?
> The new kernels don't 'require' to use the new driver, bcm43xx is still
> in the most recent kernel which works well for me. See the following
> link on how to switch to the new driver:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-July/msg02069.html
> I'm dealing with the new driver now and then just out of curiosity ...

Yes I did initially try the old driver in the newer kernels to see if
that worked so that I could at least keep my kernel up to date but it
refused to bind to the network card. It basically behaved as if it
didn't recognise the PCI ID even when I blacklisted the new driver to
ensure that didn't get loaded. I'll certainly give the solution
suggested in the link you posted a try. If I can use the newer kernels
that's at least a step forward :-)

--
Ian Chapman.