Broadcom 4318 wireless again ...

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Sun Aug 26 22:06:09 UTC 2007

Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:

> No bcm43xx is still bcm43xx, and it works with v3 firmware for me
> (wl_apsta-3.130.20.0.o, see link above). bcm43xx-mac80211 now has been
> renamed to b43. Perhaps is this one who gets loaded and craves for the
> v4 firmware, see your dmesg output.

AH yes it was because it was loading the b43 driver. So it's working
now,  thanks. Weeks ago when I tried the reason why it never worked was
because of the missing pci-id in sysfs. I think I'll move the stuff in
rc.local to somewhere earlier in the boot process though because several
services which rely on the network being present fail to startup (eg
autofs pulling stuff from ldap) and wpa_supplicant segfaults too.

--
Ian Chapman.