Linux stops working

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Mon Aug 27 00:50:50 UTC 2007

On Sun August 26 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
> 1. I had the same 500kb RAM and hard drive from this computer in the new
> one.

I seem to recall you saying that your old computer was 8 years old. I'm
surprised the RAM would even fit in the slot. If I were a betting man, I'd
guess that your problem is that memory - your new motherboard may have
sufficient backwards compatibility to accept it, but I doubt the default BIOS
settings would allow for smooth running - something really doesn't make
sense -- that memory from your old machine shouldn't even have fit into the
socket of your new machine

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA