Re: Linux stops working

Claude Jones wrote:
On Sun August 26 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:
1. I had the same 500kb RAM and hard drive from this computer in the new
one.

I seem to recall you saying that your old computer was 8 years old. I'm surprised the RAM would even fit in the slot. If I were a betting man, I'd guess that your problem is that memory - your new motherboard may have sufficient backwards compatibility to accept it, but I doubt the default BIOS settings would allow for smooth running - something really doesn't make sense -- that memory from your old machine shouldn't even have fit into the socket of your new machine

Well it was a new motherboard and uses DDRR Ram chips which are the same as the new computer. At least it worked. But it was odd F7 was not able to boot. I will have 2 GB this Monday and will try again. The little new computer is sure tiny and well done.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User