Re: CUPS problem

Garry T. Williams wrote:
On Sunday 26 August 2007 16:26:52 PerAntonRønning wrote:
Garry T. Williams wrote:
yum install memtest86+

Done, it went smootly. Am I now supposed to burn a DVD for this program, and boot from that DVD?

Now run memtest-setup.  That will add the memory test to your grub
menu.  Mine looks like this after running memtest-setup:

    title Memtest86+ (1.70)
	    root (hd0,0)
	    kernel /memtest86+-1.70 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
Mine became a bit different, but this is FC 5. Problem was that /usr/sbin/ was not in the $PATH, and there must also have been some slipup on my part when running yum install.
It looks like this:

title Memtest86+ (1.65)
       root (hd0,0)
       kernel /memtest86+-1.65 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
I will now try this by booting up.

Thanks, all.
Brgds
PAR