Changing IRQ

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 27 13:33:27 UTC 2007

LC:
>>> Is there a way to change IRQ of PCI devices?

Tim:
>> The simple way is to plug the device into a different slot.  It may get
>> assigned differently, this time.  Sometimes you have to do this, as some
>> slots share with each other, or other motherboard devices.  You can
>> also, sometimes, tweak things through the BIOS.

Catalin Bucur:
> If you have PCI network cards, you can change the interrupt from kernel
> parameters, e.g. netdev=irq=5,name=eth0
>
> See kernel-parameters.txt from kernel documentation.

That's manually configuring the IRQ that something on Linux will try to
use to find the device (for when it doesn't work automatically).  It's
not setting the IRQ that the device will be using.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.