CUPS problem

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 13:45:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 10:20 +0200, PerAntonRønning wrote:
> Garry T. Williams wrote:

> >> Done, it went smootly. Am I now supposed to burn a DVD for this program,
> >> and boot from that DVD?
> >>

> > Now run memtest-setup.  That will add the memory test to your grub
> > menu.  Mine looks like this after running memtest-setup:
> >
> >     title Memtest86+ (1.70)
> > 	    root (hd0,0)
> > 	    kernel /memtest86+-1.70 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
> >
> Mine became a bit different, but this is FC 5. Problem was that
> /usr/sbin/ was not in the $PATH, and there must also  have been some
> slipup on my part when running yum install.
> It looks like this:
>
> title Memtest86+ (1.65)
>         root (hd0,0)
>         kernel /memtest86+-1.65 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
> I will now try this by booting up.
>
> Thanks, all.
> Brgds
> PAR

The question tht want answered is, after I run memtest do I still have
an operating system left on the disk? If I don't how does putting a
entry in grub.conf help me?
In this world some people are going to like me and some are not. So, I
may as well be me. Then I know if someone likes me, they like me.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net