dirhash hint?

Claude Jones cjones at levitjames.com
Mon Aug 27 17:13:37 UTC 2007

On Sunday August 26 2007 12:33:32 pm Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> So, nothing devious is going on.  It's just that the
> maintainers of the tools know that most people do not know
> about the new features and/or will not enable new features on
> their own for fear.  This is why e2fsck does it by itself for
> safe options.

Nice detective work. I wouldn't have thought to read those man
pages. The warnings were phrased in such a way as to raise
alarm-bells, so I did some minimal investigating - minimal
because there was no detectable downside after my machine came
back up. Thanks for clearing that up.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA