Re: mincom - permissions

Ed Landaveri wrote:
On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:44:34 -0700 (PDT)
ann kok <annkok2001 yahoo com> wrote:

how can I make it working when i type minicom?
As the root user, type this:

minicom -S

Configure the program and point it to the serial
port that you intend to use,
and save the configuration.
Ann, Frank is right, this is how I do it for my Cisco
Switches & Routers. Yours may vary according to which
ttyS? you intent to use:
#This is how I set up minicom to console Cisco
Switches:
A - Serial Device       : /dev/ttyS0
B - Lockfile Location   : /var/lock
C - Callin Program      :
D - Callout Program     :
E - Bps/Par/Bits        : 9600 8N1
F - Hardware Flow Control : Yes
G - Software Flow Control : No

[root tuxy ~] # chmod o+rw /dev/ttyS0
(If you wanna start it as a regular user though it
goes back to default every reboot)

Anyone know the proper way to ensure user x always has permissions for using the ttyS0 ?

DaveT.