Linux stops working

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Aug 28 11:42:53 UTC 2007

Ian Malone wrote:
> Karl Larsen wrote:
>

>>    Very good Jim! What I have is “HWCursor” "false" which means the
>> same as
>> “HWCursor” "no" so wonder which is correct. I will look at  man
>> xorg-conf and see if the examples use false true or yes no :-)
>   xorg.conf
>>

> If you'd done this before posting you'd have discovered that
> they are synonyms, and that 0 & off and 1 & on are also possible.
> As is omitting the boolean and using the prefix "No" to indicate
> negation.  The justification for having a total of five ways to
> write each (times two; since you could use SWCursor as another
> negation), of which a simple typo can change the meaning, is
> unclear.

    Well I didn't know what I was doing the first time I read the man
page. Then the second time I knew I was interested in an option and then
the man page made a lot more sense.

    By the way "SWCursor"     "on" is another way to do the same thing
it appears. I will try first just the first one  "HWCursor"   "false"
but keep the other if needed. And yes 1 or 0 can be used if you can
remember which is which :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User