F7 updates not making to public

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 29 04:12:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 08:48 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> Yesterdays F7 updates have not made it to any of the public servers
> I have checked. The last update of the directory with the updates
> is on August 24. Test updates for F7 have made it to the public servers
> so it doesn't appear to be a case of broken mirrors, but raher something
> in Fedora's process of publishing the updates or perhaps with the
> notifications that the updates are being released.

I've been seeing this for quite a while, probably since I started trying
out FC7.  There seems some definite tardiness in updates getting out to
mirrors.  When I've bothered to go hunting around, I've found it hard to
find an up-to-date mirror, there's lots of them that are lagging.

With prior releases, the usual problem I noticed was out-of-sync mirrors
(what's listed as being available, and what was available).  You'd try
to yum update, and it'd fail on some things.  Now, you try, and you get
"nothing to do" messages.  Perhaps whatever was tried to avoid the
out-of-sync problem is causing a new one?

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.22.1-41.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.