why does network install not get the latest?

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 29 13:33:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

I was surprised to note that network install obtains the old files and things
to be updated after install. Why this unnecessary waste of bandwidth? Or is
there a way around this? If not, is there any reason why the directory OS does
not contain the latest?

Btw, in FC6, there used to be a repository called Extras for all the other cool
stuff. I understand extras is gone, but how do we include this repository (or
rather which repository should be included) to get the equivalent stuff? For
instance, claws-mail, R, etc, which were in Extras previously.

Best wishes,
Trotter