Re-doing F7

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Aug 29 15:00:33 UTC 2007

Ian Malone wrote:
> On 29/08/2007, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Tim:

>> Karl Larsen:
>>
>>> It would have to be done in a smart way. Delete from the list all
>>> the kernel updates but the last for example.
>>>
>> That example wasn't a gig of files including three versions of the same
>> thing, etc.  It was how much was downloaded to update one system.  And
>> that wasn't a system with everything installed, it had not much more
>> than the basic install.
>>

> The point is that you produce a DVD (since F7 is a DVD)
> with the current RPMs from Updates were they supersede
> those in Release.  A Fedora 7.1 if you will.

    Yes and the tool seems to be punji with rpm and anaconda and a
kickstart file I THINK?

The documentation is non-existant. I am looking at
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/pungi/wiki/PungiDocs/RunningPungiInMock

and it makes zero sense. My next thing will be punji --help

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User