Linux suitable motherboard/µprocessor?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Wed Aug 29 16:37:39 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 08:37, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>  Can someone tell me if this board and processor would be suitable for
> Fedora 7?
>

> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=
>3156977&sku=MBM-K8MM3V-3400&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1442C
>
>  I have a some parts I would like to make into something usable, including
> 500 megs of DDR PC3200 400mHz 256MB RAM.
>
>  I don't have any exotic requirements, just a box for routine e-mail,
> MySql, etc.
>
>  Thanks.
>
>  Bob Goodwin

see here:

"Linux Hardware Compatibility HOWTO
Steven Pritchard
Southern Illinois Linux Users Group / K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.

  <steve at silug.org>
3.2.4

Copyright © 2001-2007 Steven Pritchard

Copyright © 1997-1999 Patrick Reijnen

2007-05-22

This document attempts to list most of the hardware known to be either
supported or unsupported under Linux."

more at:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/

Dave

ps I agree with Manuel, no reason why it wouldn't. I assume you've checked the
manufacturer's web site for memory specs, is that right?

--
The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral
philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for