Curiosity question for Electronic Engineers re: transistors ??

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Thu Aug 30 11:02:38 UTC 2007

Hi;

I have been reading up on the functions of CPUs.  In particular, I have
found a lot of great info about MOSFET transitors.  However, I haven't
been able to find (or if I have, I didn't know what I was looking at)
the levels (actual values) of High Voltage, Low Voltage and Threshold
Voltage used by a typical modern Intel or AMD CPU transistor.

If this is not a sensible or logical question, what should I be asking
or looking for?  I just want to get a sense of the amount of electrical
input/output that is being used in processing.

I don't intend to build transistors in my garage and I am long past the
need to have help with my homework.  I am just curious about computers.

--
Regards Bill