Re: DD not working

Karl Larsen wrote:
mount: /dev/sdb5 already mounted or /mnt busy

The last 2 lines say that /dev/sdb5 is mounted to this Old Hard Drive somehow. I did not do this. /etc/fsack did not do this. So not sure what

Yes you did. See your opening mail of the thread titled 'dd and cp -a' in which you say that you mounted it to /mnt, but didn't mention how. I am assuming you made it permanent by adding it to fstab. And if you did this, dd'ing the partition would take this setting over to the new drive.

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218