Re: DD not working--SUCCESS!

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Karl Larsen wrote:

>     I of course see what your saying. It would be best if you have a
> computer dedicated to running dd. You plug in 2 hard drives and boot up
> hoping bios takes care of the hard drives :-)
>
>     On the computer you say dd if=hd1 of=hd2 and neither Hard Drive is
> doing anything else.
>
>     But I don't have that many computers and hard drives. So I do what I
> can and it appears to have worked.

So far as I can tell, the important thing
is not having a separate computer.
It is not mounting any partition on either drive.
A live CD can boot and run without using a hard drive.
It makes its file systems in ram.

--
Mike   hennebry web cs ndsu NoDak edu
"Horse guts never lie."  -- Cherek Bear-Shoulders