Very hard time installing Flash on FC6.

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Feb 1 17:18:25 UTC 2007

On Thu February 1 2007 11:31:11 am Mauriat Miranda wrote:
> On 2/1/07, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > How exactly did you install firefox 2?
> >
> > It's the Swiftfox Prescott build.
> >
> > > (Someone please correct me, but I don't see FF2 on the FC6
> > > updates RPM list) Manual installation?
> >
> > Yes. I didn't think to mention it, but maybe I should have.
>
> Yes I think this would be important information. I'm guessing
> that perhaps the flash plugin (and other plugins possibly) do
> not work because this swiftfox uses a different plugins
> directory?
>
> Try this. Locate where this swiftfox is installed. Find the
> plugins directory and copy everything from
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins into it. Then reset the plugin cache
> and try again.
>
> -Mauriat

Different suggestion - why don't you remove the swiftfox version,
and install FF 2.0 from the Fedora development repo - you might
gain the advantage of getting a version that a Fedora developer
has worked on specifically for Fedora - I did just check, and
it's there. I have not researched whether there are problems
with it, but I can't recall any big discussions about if from
the development list - but, I often can't find my memory ;-)

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA