Webcams again

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 1 18:58:03 UTC 2007

On Thursday 01 February 2007 18:42, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-01 at 13:06 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > He sounds a great guy.  I'm using the atrpms version of gspcav1 driver,
> > so I can't bother him with this.  OTOH, I'm not so sure now that it is a
> > driver issue, as I find that ekiga gives me much better colour than aMSN.
> > Reasonably accurate, certainly acceptable.  What *may* be a driver issue,
> > though, is that the parameters I should be able to set in ekiga, kopete
> > and aMSN don't move at all.
>
> Anne, did you get better results from the tar directly from the gspcav
> website??

I had tried the tar first, and ran into compile problems, then someone pointed
me to atrpms.  By the time the workaround for the compile problems was sorted
I already had the driver installed.

> My logitech looks great. Which since it isn't listed as fully
> supported, I was very gratified with the result. I just had to make sure
> that I had the kernel-devel installed and touched the file config.h in
> the kernel include/config directory for the compile to work at all.

Since I can get good results in ekiga and gideo, I have to assume that it's
not the drivers, but the package (amsn) that is dodgy.

> I figure it's more optimized for my system. IMHO. "Works For Me" (tm)

:-)

Anne