[Fedora] Re: Remote VNC install

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Feb 2 05:24:57 UTC 2007

Mail List wrote:
>    What happened for me - I booted the installer out of grub with
>    kernel ... vnc vncconnect=<ip> ip=dhcp lang=en_US keymap=us device=ethX
>
>    it boots and anaconda prompts for other eth device info before starting up
> vnc - so I had to type at console to tell it info about the other nics -
> after that it talks the listening vnc client at remote end -

    Grrrrr...  Okay, is there a parameter that tells it to IGNORE eth0
and eth2, as in don't even bother to probe.  I don't care if it ignores
them throughout the entire installation process, I can configure them
after the system comes back up.

    By the way, I noticed you didn't specify a module for your ethernet
device...or maybe you just didn't include it.  Can I assume it will
magically load up the e100 module that these cards need?

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6