[Fedora] Re: Remote VNC install

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Feb 2 20:00:23 UTC 2007

Mail List wrote:
>    What happened for me - I booted the installer out of grub with
>    kernel ... vnc vncconnect=<ip> ip=dhcp lang=en_US keymap=us device=ethX
>
>    it boots and anaconda prompts for other eth device info before starting up
> vnc - so I had to type at console to tell it info about the other nics -
> after that it talks the listening vnc client at remote end -
    Well, I went ahead and tried with the following:

----------
title Fedora Core 6 Install
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-FC6 lang=en_US keymap=us
method=nfs:192.168.2.24:/Fedora vnc device=eth1 ip=192.168.2.10
netmask=255.255.255.0 gateway=192.168.2.1 dns=192.168.2.1
        initrd /boot/initrd-FC6.img

    Rebooted, installer came up and asked exactly 1 question:  Which
device to configure.  All I had to do was highlight eth1 and hit return
and it continued on.  Didn't ask me for any more information and went
straight into Anaconda and launched VNC after which I was able to connect.

    My co-worker now dubs himself 'The Monkey that pushed the button.'

    So it seems the installer ignores the device= option.  A bug perhaps?

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6