[Fedora] Re: Remote VNC install

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Feb 3 00:26:49 UTC 2007

Rick Stevens wrote:
> They vary based on the PCI bus layout, kernel version and a bunch of
> other things.

    As far as the board layout goes, I always make a point to figure out
which is the first slot, so whether it's at the top or bottom doesn't
really matter.  However, my assumption always was that the kernel would
scan the bus starting at the first slot and number devices accordingly.
I haven't had the same type of switcharoo that you have happened to you
(maybe that's a good thing) so maybe that's why I assumed it's always
the same.  From what you're telling me, it sounds like that's not the
case.  So much for consistency...I thought Winblows was the only one
with that problem...

--
H | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.
  Photo Craft Imaging                       .     3550 Arapahoe Ave. #6