Mount hdd

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 4 10:23:50 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-02-04 at 10:18 +0100, Tanguy Eric wrote:
> i would like to see a FAT32 partition mounted by /etc/fstab as a hdd
> device in "Computer". I believe it's possible but i can't find how to
> do this.

Your prior fstab example should have mounted the hard drive, but perhaps
there was a problem with making the mount point in /media (that's where
one of the auto-mounters does its tricks).  Perhaps using /mnt might
actually mount it.

I don't really know if the problem was that it wouldn't mount, or that
you couldn't see the mounted drive in the list of drives Nautilus shows
when you're browsing computer:/// in it.

If you want to see it in computer:/// rather than in /mnt, you might
have to mount it with some fstab options that describe it as a removable
drive.  That might involve playing with some SELinux parameters.  It's
ages since I did that, and I don't recall exactly how I did it.

I read messages from the public lists.