Re: Canot allocate PCI resource

Laurent Vaills wrote:
Hi,

When I boot my FC6, kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6 x86_64, I have the following message :
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:00:00.0

I took a look at dmesg and found more information around this error message :
PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
PCI: If a device doesn't work, try "pci=routeirq". If it helps, post a report
PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:00:00.0

I tried to add pci=routeirq but the error message is still there.

What does this message mean ?

Laurent

According to google, the parameter is used to restore the "old" behavior for driver compatibility. Gene Heskett might remember his encounter since he was listed on the google hit.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pci%3Drouteirq&btnG=Google+Search

Jim

--
It'll be a nice world if they ever get it finished.