Canot allocate PCI resource

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Feb 4 13:39:21 UTC 2007

Laurent Vaills wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I boot my FC6, kernel  2.6.19-1.2895.fc6 x86_64, I have the
> following message :
> PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:00:00.0
>
> I took a look at dmesg and found more information around this error
> message :
> PCI: Using ACPI for IRQ routing
> PCI: If a device doesn't work, try "pci=routeirq".  If it helps, post a
> report
> PCI: Cannot allocate resource region 0 of device 0000:00:00.0
>
> I tried to add pci=routeirq but the error message is still there.
>
> What does this message mean ?
>
> Laurent

According to google, the parameter is used to restore the "old" behavior
  for driver compatibility. Gene Heskett might remember his encounter
since he was listed on the google hit.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=pci%3Drouteirq&btnG=Google+Search

Jim

--
It'll be a nice world if they ever get it finished.