Re: convert user a/c from RH 7.x to FC6

edwardspl ita org mo wrote:
Dear All,

How can we copy user account from the old system ( RH7.x ) to another new system ( FC6 ) ?

Depends what you mean - Are you wishing to copy everything, including all the user preferences (i.e. .XXX files/directories) or just the user data files.

If the later, then easy - just copy the files to some temp location (external disk etc.) Upgrade the system, recreate the accounts and copy back.

If the former you may have problems with compatibility, since RH7 is WAY older than FC6. I would suggest better not to bother and let the users recreate their preferences from scratch on the new system.

Chris

Edward.