bugzilla advice.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Feb 6 14:37:43 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 15:55 +1030, Tim wrote:
> Mark Knoop:
> >> As root:
> >>
> >> system-config-soundcard
> >>
> >> then look for the log files at /root/scs{run,config}.log
>
> Aaron Konstam:
> > I of course did this and the program could not find the soundcard
> > unless I ran the modprobe by hand (so to speak) in rc.local. That in
> > no way solves the real problem nor gives me a handle on a bugzilla..
>
> Does that mean that you got the sound card to work?
Yes I did, after some fancy fooling around.

> Even if you just got more of a response by manually modprobing it,
> writing that in your bugzilla report may well help someone fix the
> problem.

Maybe, but I don't see how. Again, I started by sending in three
bugzillas yesterday.

You know maybe it would be worthwhile if you would start run FC6 so you
could experience all these wonderful problems. But it is a free country.

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>