Well guys the writing is on the wall !!

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Feb 7 09:36:19 UTC 2007

On Wed February 7 2007, Ric Moore wrote:
> Ok, so far so good, I used enablerepo kde-testing install kde* to see
> what would update itself. I got:
> Updating:
>  kde-config              noarch     3.5-16.fc6       kde
> 8.8 k
>  kdevelop                i386       9:3.4.0-2.fc6    kde
> 15 M
>
> That sound right? I thought there would be more. Ric

You have to enable those in pairs. Read the commented lines in the repo file
you downloaded. You would want kde-testing and kde-testing-all

Then, from the kde-redhat instructions page:

To install, a simple
yum install qt kdelibs kdebase
yum update
ought to fetch and install the packages for you.
(modify the install lines to include the enable repo options)

I remember there was some minor issue with this when I tried it, but it was
easily resolved - I can't remember my memory - but you'll figure it out
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA