tetex FC6[SOLVED] Yupeeee!

François Patte francois.patte at math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Wed Feb 7 15:46:39 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy a écrit :
> François Patte wrote:
>

>>>"If they exist, then both initex and virtex are symbolic
>>>links to the tex executable."
>>
>>Nope!
>

> They are, and have been for ages.
> (Well, both are now links to pdftex.)
>

>>I know that tetex is no longer maintained but why some things had been
>>modified without a clear documentation?
>

> There hasn't been any change, as far as I can see.
>
> Did you try (as I suggested)
> 1. texhash (as root)
> 2. texconfig
> 3. "kpsewhich foo.tex" if your file is foo.tex
> 4. "kpsewhich texmf.cnf" to see what config file your TeX is using.
> Then look at this file, and see if there is anything wrong with it.

And, unfortunatly, it is not a victory: I opened a new account, moved
all my datas on this account, bebuilt my configuration....

I'm quite sure that something has been changed in the way FC6 handles
config files/directories because I have a dual boot system with FC4 and
FC6 and *same* /home for both. The problem occured only under FC6....

Hours wasted! Thanks god, I did not have to reinstall FC6!

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique