Aironet wlan driver for cisco 350 series WLAN card.

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Thu Feb 8 04:47:17 UTC 2007

Sripathy K said the following on 02/03/2007 07:33 AM Pacific Time:

> Hi All,
>
> I have recently installed FC6 on my T42
> laptop. I see that with WEP enabled, the wireless doesnot comes up (fails to determine IP address).  But it comes up fine when connected to a non-secure network
> (without WEP).
>
> Have anyone faced this issue. I am using "system-configure-network" GUI
> tool to configure my wireless card. Is there any other way to configure
> the wireless card?
>
> Thanks,
> Sripathy

What version of the aironet firmware does your card have?  Best to be running at least 5.60.21.  Upgrading it is a pain because there is no way to do it directly with Linux.

# cat /proc/driver/airo/eth1/Status

I used to use the GUI too, but went around in circles trying to troubleshoot a similar problem only to find out it wasn't the wireless card, it was the GUI not saving the network settings correctly.  Best to troubleshoot from a command line using iwconfig first.

Post back if you need more pointers with the firmware or iwconfig command.

John