Playing audio CDs no longer works. (FIXED)

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 9 21:41:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 21:35 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 08 February 2007 21:25, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > Just to add to my frustration, CD's will not play again. On the first CD
> > drive no audio CD is found.
> > On the second CD drive CD is found and palys but no sound. As you can
> > imagine I am not happy.
>
> In a terminal, run alsamixer, check that everything is exactly as it should
> be, then type 'alsactl store'.  It sounds as though your settings were not
> stored.
>
> Anne
Ok, its time to go on to something else:
1. The alsamixer setings are just as I left them.
2. I can get the audio CDs to play by explicitly identifying the device
of the CD drive.

The only mystery left is why %d in the gui window does not map to the CD
device when used in the GUI interface for Removable Disks for CD1 but
does work for CD 2. Something is wrong this has always worked before
even early in my experience with FC6 (and also the day before yesterday)
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>