Re: Can VLC extract the sound of a video file?

On 2/4/07, Laurent Vaills <laurent vaills gmail com> wrote:
I am also using avidemux for that tasks.

There is more up-to-date version of avidemux (2.3.0) on Livna.

Laurent

2007/2/3, Paulo Cavalcanti < promac gmail com>:

> > Can VLC extract the sound of a video file? If so, how?
>

> I do not know. Generally, I use ffmpeg, transcode, mplayer ....
>
> Have you tried avidemux from ATrpms? It has a nice interface,
>
> and I have done a lot of video editing with it.

http://dl.atrpms.net/all/avidemux-2.1.2-8.fc6.at.i386.rpm

My idea was to find a program that works also on MS Windows to help
someone else to dump the audio of a video file. Meanwhile, I have
found out that mplayer works fine on MS Windows, making it possible
for a MS Windows user to extract the audio of a video file. Thanks for
your suggestions.

Paul