videolan

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 18:05:39 UTC 2007

> Conflicts aren't caused by FUD, they are caused by different versions of
> the same-named package existing in different repositories mentioned in
> your yum configuration.

I completely agree with you. I think a more appropriate way of say it is
that different repos pack applications differently, and which repos to
choose depends on the user requirements.
For instance, if one wants MythTV, he or she should go to ATrpms.

The repositories that do that have their
> reasons for doing it, but if you include them along with anything else
> that doesn't stay coordinated you are likely to have conflicts.

I have almost 10GB of packages installed. From livna I only have:

akode-extras-2.0.1-3.lvn6.1
audacity-nonfree-1.2.4-0.3.b.lvn6.2
djbfft-0.76-6.lvn6
k3b-extras-nonfree-0.12.17-3.lvn6
kdemultimedia-extras-nonfree-3.5.5-1.lvn6
mjpegtools-libs-1.8.0-7.lvn6
y4mscaler-9.0-3.lvn6

But this does not mean everybody should install packages the way a do, nor
that the packages from livna are not good.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti
LCG - UFRJ