yum trouble

hai all,

i have just installed FC-6. internet was not working so i stopped IPv6
using these 3 things:

1. added these 2 in "/etc/modprobe.conf":

alias net-pf-10 off
alias ipv6 off

2. changed "/etc/sysconfig/network":

NETWORKING_IPV6=no

3.) /sbin/chkconfig ip6tables off

after that i was checking my gmail account using Firefox :-).  BUT
when i tried to update "yum", i get an error. here is the ouput from
my terminal
[root localhost unix]# yum check-update
Setting up repositories
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mi...ore-6&arch=i386 error was
[Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (110, 'Connection timed out')>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: core
[root localhost unix]#

with Firefox my internet is working fine, what is the trouble now?

--
http://arnuld.blogspot.com/