squid problem

Vivek J. Patankar list307 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 18:07:05 UTC 2007

yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote:
> i want to allow one bseindia so how it possible

You could go in for a "whitelist" ACL.
Create a text file in /etc/squid called "whitelist" and place the URLs
that you want users to access in this file (one URL per line).
Then create the ACLs as below.

   acl whitelist dstdomain "/etc/squid/whitelist"

   http_access allow whitelist

followed by the default deny all access rule.

> also is there any squid monitoring tools for fc5

Try SARG. It creates reports from squid log files, but note that the
size of reports generated can be quite huge. I administer a proxy whose
daily sarg reports are a little above 150MB in size.

--
Regards
Vivek J. Patankar

Registered Linux User #374218