How to SMTP (Email) Server Fedora 6?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 00:18:43 UTC 2007

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> It should work fine for people that use fetchmail to download their
> mail from their ISP. Then again, most ISP's are already blocking
> incoming port 25 connections to non-commercial accounts, and may
> require you to request opening up incoming port 25 connections on
> commercial accounts.

So you don't think RH and fedora are suitable distributions for people
with commercial accounts?  I can understand that for fedora, but all RH
based distros are broken the same way.

 > It has been a long time sense I
> has able to use a stock Sendmail, or Postfix configuration file
> regardless of the distribution.

That's my point...  Why not ship something that works?  If the other
services didn't work as distributed you probably wouldn't run them either.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com