Re: What packages need to be installed for using command of locate

Vivek J. Patankar wrote:
edwardspl ita org mo wrote:
[svradmin svr1 ~]$ locate rpm
locate: can not open `/var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db': No such file or
directory
[svradmin svr1 ~]$
What related rpm packages need to be installed for FC6 ?

The database for mlocate has not been created. Run 'updatedb' as root.

Dear All,

Sorry...When I man locate, then I know I need to run "updatedb" for creating the db file.

Edward.