Gnome menu structur editing utility does not work

Sven Geisenhainer s.geisenhainer at gmx.de
Wed Feb 14 11:52:38 UTC 2007

Jim Cornette schrieb:
> Sven Geisenhainer wrote:
>> I've noticed the Gnome menu structure editing utility doesn't applies
>> any changes immediately, instead i have to restart the utility in order
>> to make my changes visible within this tool, and i have to restart my
>> Gnome session to have the application/places/system-menus updated -
>> anybody else encountered this problem / serious bug, incomplete utility
>> or what's wrong here?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven
>>

> You used to have to press ctl-r in order to refresh the desktop. The
> desktop is not constantly updated so a refresh is needed.
>
> Jim

Focusing the desktop and pressing Ctrl-r causes a desktop update (icons
get rearranged etc.), but unfortunately the Gnome menus still remains
inconsistent (do not reflect my menu item changes done with the menu
items editor). Dropping down the menu item, thus giving it the focus and
than pressing Ctrl-r does nothing.

So the problem remains...

I think a full desktop refresh is not required here since all i want is
a menu items refresh.

Sven