cifs mount options

Alan M. Evans fedoralist at alanevans.org
Wed Feb 14 18:05:13 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 17:37 -0800, Akemi Yagi wrote:

> I just mounted a samba share sitting on a Centos 4.4 box from a FC6 box
> using the mount options I posted earlier.  I believe this is the same
> situation as yours.  And I was able to write to it. Have you tried those
> options?

Ok. Fstab entry reads:

//merope/jdrive /mnt/jdrive cifs user,uid=112,rw,suid,credentials=/root/credentials.txt 0 0

which is very much like the example you provided.

Still no joy. As a normal user, I still cannot edit files that are owned
by uid 112 on the server, even though files that I create are owned by
that uid.

Like I said, I didn't think that moving the username and password to
another place would change anything. It didn't.