Creating a DVD for Stand-Alone player from avi clips

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Feb 14 18:37:37 UTC 2007

Laurence Orchard wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have looked at this thing till I've got details coming out of my
> ears!!! transcode memcoder mplayer k3b .......
>

> What I want to do should be easy!! in that someone must have done it
> before?
>
> I have 5 avi movie files sound/video etc that I would like to write to a
> DVD so I can show it on my TV via a stand-alone DVD player.
>
> Any command line would be greatly appreciated or a HowTo URL?

I got around all the work by getting a low cost DVD player that plays
almost anything I have thrown at it.   It won't play DIVX Ver 3.0 files.
  It cost me less than C$20.  It is small enough to be almost portable,
about the size of a text book.  A lot quicker than transcoding and
converting all those usenet downloads. ;)

--
Robin Laing