Creating a DVD for Stand-Alone player from avi clips

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 16:06:31 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 14 February 2007, yonas Abraham wrote:
> On 2/13/07, Laurence Orchard <laurence at orchards.org.uk> wrote:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I have looked at this thing till I've got details coming out of my
> > ears!!! transcode memcoder mplayer k3b .......
> >

> > What I want to do should be easy!! in that someone must have done it
> > before?
> >
> > I have 5 avi movie files sound/video etc that I would like to write to a
> > DVD so I can show it on my TV via a stand-alone DVD player.
> >
> > Any command line would be greatly appreciated or a HowTo URL?
>
> I use DeVeDe  http://www.rastersoft.com/programas/devede.html
>
> It is the simplest avi --> DVD I have ever used in my Fedora system. I
> don't think it has a comand line though

Thanks for that, Laurence.  I'd still use mjpegtools for flexibility in
editing, but this is a very nice package, by the look of it.  Perhaps you can
clear something up for me?

As a test run I asked for an SVCD, and I now have a .bin file and a .cue file.
I'm used to working with .mpg files, so I'm unsure how to continue to the
burn.  I burning a .bin file rather like burning an .iso?  If so, how do you
use the .cue file?

Anne