How I get CPU details?

People,

I'm running FC5.

Is there a shell command I can run which gives me some details
about the type of  CPU I have in my host?

To find out about RAM I use top.

To look at disk space I use df.

I'm not a very sophisticated user.

My goal is to write a simple script which ssh-connects to
all my hosts and then  does a simple check of components
and processes.

Is there a shell command I can run which gives me some details
about the type of  CPU I have in my host?

Bob
sinbuzz sinbuzz com