what happened to KPILOT in KDEPIM-3.5.6 (Fedora 6 update) ?

Matt Davey mcdavey at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 19:24:55 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 20:50 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Marcello M. Pavan wrote:
> >
> >> KPILOT has been a staple app of mine for some time to sync my treo 650 with
> >> Kontact.   But suddenly is disappeared from the latest KDEPIM-3.5.6 in the
> >> last Fedora Core 6 update (accesed via Yum).
> >>
> >> can anyone tell me what is going on ?
> >
> > A bug?  An oversight?
> >
> > More details would help,
> > $ rpm -q kdelibs kdepim
>
> Turns out kdepim-3.5.6 requires pilot-link-0.12, and FC-6 has (only)
> pilot-link-0.11.

In the gnome-pilot codebase we support both p-l 0.11.8 and 0.12.x.
Might be worth mailing the fedora kdepim/kpilot maintainer and request
they add backwards compatibility to kpilot if it isn't there already.

Mind you, pilot-link 0.12.x is stable enough now that it could be pushed
to fc6 (requires an update of gnome-pilot and evolution).  The most
recent gp/evolution releases support both 0.11.8 and 0.12.x out of the
box.

Matt

Matt Davey		Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
mcdavey at mrao.cam.ac.uk