need to convert a .lwp file

Does anyone know how to convert a .lwp file. That is a
text file created with Lotus Word Pro '96.  Created
them years ago and then had to reinstall my OS (yes,
it was M$) and found that the floppies (bought it
on-line and assumed it would be on CD) went bad.

I do have a program to view the files and could copy
and paste.  But, that would lose all of the
formatting. (some of these are e-text novels) My
preference is to convert them to Open Office with the
formatting intact.

Thanks in Advance

George